Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Macademia Holly Jollies

So I have a new nickname for these cookies. They are truly amazing. I like Almond Joys and the reviews for this recipe likened the cookies unto Almond Joys, but I need to set the record straight. These are soooo way better than Almond Joys. I mean, waaay better. They have a wonderful combination of salty and sweet, chewy and crunchy. And they have no artificial flavors or preservatives. :)

As a side note for those of you who may attempt a batch of your own, it had been recommended to me to melt the chocolate in a small sandwich bag and drizzle it on top. So, I did just that and it worked fine on the first two cookies and then **pooph** the bag gave way to a mini explosion of chocolate all over my hand. Now, I certainly can think of things worse than being covered in chocolate, but if you want to ensure you have enough for all your cookies, you probably ought to either dip them or drizzle using a more reliable bag. One other note--I left the nuts whole. If you want cookies to impress, I highly recommend taking these to your next holiday party:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Island-Macaroons-2045

1 comments:

remi,  December 18, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

oh my gosh you're AMAZING! My mouth is salivating here at work, and I'm going to be drooling when my boss walks by. awkward.

:)