Elephants & White Cranes
Since I don't have anywhere near enough time to tell you about all the things we did and tried today, I'll just share my favorite two. First, I got to ride an elephant!!! Second, on the way back from Ayutthaya we passed by lots of rice paddies. I saw something akin to a water buffalo with horns but the neatest thing was passing by about 10 trees full of white cranes. There had to be at least a thousand of them, no kidding! Since I was in the bus, I didn't get a great picture but I did get one and it was one of the coolest thing ever.
In about five minutes we're headed out to dinner and New Year's celebrations. Tomorrow we fly to Phuket for the day to go sea kayaking and snorkeling. I'm really excited and it should be a great day. Happy New Year!
1 comments:
OK now Sharon, tell me how all of this crane-watching and elephant riding is related to your business degree? I thought this was an academic excursion? And if all this qualifies as academic, how do I get signed up?!
Sounds like you're having a great time! I'm jealous!!
P.S. The New Year's stash was a totally unexpected and wonderfully welcome surprise. I confess I sampled the coconut cookies already and I've decided you need to reconsider the dessert shop idea. You rock.
Post a Comment