Chocolate Cake!
What better way to start off a blog than by talking about chocolate? It's the holiday season, and for someone who loves to cook, December is like Christmas every day. There are hundreds of recipes I have collected and labeled as "must try" and December happens to be the month in which most of them seem most appropriate and I have the most excuses (hmmm.... as to what this implies about the nature of my recipe collection, I plead the fifth.) Well, today was the the day to try a new recipe for chocolate cake. I already have a favorite recipe but I wanted to use my bundt pan and I thought that warranted selecting a new recipe to try. Plus, I have wanted to see if I could successfully marry chocolate and mint without cheating. Now, I haven't tried the cake yet (tomorrow is my friend's birthday and so that's when I'll get a taste) but I've been reminded of a smell that brings an instant smile to my face... baking chocolate cake. Yum! I added peppermint extract to the glaze and tomorrow I'll be making a batch of peppermint ice cream (another new recipe) to accompany the cake. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Happy Birthday Emily!
0 comments:
Post a Comment